Thursday 25 April 2013

Neutrogena Visibly Clear pore & shine facial wash!



Hey everyone,
So in my recent haul post, I mentioned that I had bought the new Neutrogena Visibly Clear pore&shine facial wash on offer in Boots. The full price is £4.49 but I got it for £2. I have already tried the Grapefruit one- the review is here- and I love it, so I couldn't wait to see if I love this one too!
My skin is combination, so around the sides of my face, especially my forehead and my cheeks, and the sides of my nose can get quite dehydrated and dry, yet at the same time the centre of my nose and my chin can get very oily. This means when I am cleaning my skin I don't want to strip my skin of all oil and dry it out more, but I don't want to add too much unnecessary moisture by using something which is too heavy for my skin and will clog my pores. I am prone to blackheads and getting blocked pores anyway, and as this product targets this issue I was excited to try it.
The packaging is the same as the grapefruit one, with an easy to use pump and a clear bottle so it is obvious how much product you have left which is a great factor. It is a green colour, but when you apply it on your skin it looks clear.
I soak my skin in warm water to open my pores, and then I massage this in, focusing on the nose, forehead and chin. It lathers up into almost a foam so it is really easy to blend all over your face to clean it, however if you get it in your eyes it stings; I learnt this the hard way!!  This takes off all of my concealer and foundation really nicely, and when I wash it all off my skin feels fresh, clean, all the horrible grime from the day is gone and my pores look smaller with less blockage!

 After daily use (once a day) lots of my blackheads were gone and visibly reduced so that makes me super duper happy!

The scent isn't as nice as the grapefruit one, however it isn't off putting at all and I just ignore it. I wouldn't say it's nasty but I also wouldn't say I love it either...it just smells like a lime basically! I have also heard that lemon and lime can be detoxing for the skin and helps to unblock the pores.

If you have oily skin, I would definitely recommend this, as after a long day and when your skin is feeling unclean and full of makeup, this really refreshes it and removes all excess oil and dirt as well as brightening your complexion! I have noticed my skin looks more matte during the day and doesn't get oily as quickly. I think this product does everything that it advertises which I find is rare, and it is quickly becoming a staple in my skincare routine.

Lots of love,
Emma-Kate
xxx

4 comments:

  1. This looks so great!II have gone through a ridiculous amount of different facial washes and products but have never found one that has really done something for my skin, so I'll definitely try this one out! Great review:) xo

    miss-tilda.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have it as well and I love it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought this a few days ago and I must say that I absolutely ADORE the smell! It is so fresh and just plain heavenly! My combo skin also seems to like it so far, so it was a good buy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats great, i bough mine and its true.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment so we can chat! I reply to every comment :) xx