Wednesday 10 July 2013

REVIEW: Bodyshop tea tree pore minimiser | Handpicked Beauty

Hey everyone,
So for ages I have wanted the Benefit porefessional, but didn't want to splash out on £24.50 for something that goes beneath my makeup. When I saw this pore minimiser for a much more reasonable£7.50, at the Bodyshop, I couldn't resist buying it. Claiming to be full of tea tree, mattifying and coupled with the label 'Suitable for blemished skin' it promises a lot. It still isn't quite in the 'drugstore' bracket, so it is still fairly pricey compared to other primers, however compared to porefessional or other high end primers, I think it is a fully reasonable and justifiable price.


I haven't used a primer before, but as it;'s summer and I have combination skin, it seems a good idea as the primer will temporarily fill your pores with clean goodness without blocking them, instead of dirt which will potentially result in blackheads or any other annoying blemishes.

I really love this product! It melts into the skin and helps your skin stay clean for the day. It has a strong tea tree odour which I personally love, as I feel like it smells hygienic however if you aren't keen on the scent, it fades after you've applied it. It is a yellowy colour, but as soon as it's applied the colour fades, leaving behind no residue or any yellow hue to the skin. I am really pale so if it was going to leave a tinge of yellow, I would definitely notice!



I have definitely noted a reduced number of blackheads since I started using this. I tend to use it underneath concealer, however I do use it on it's own sometimes as it keeps your skin fresh and clean and is perfect for no makeup days.

This product is very mattifying and my skin gets oily a lot less quickly when I wear this, in comparison to when I don't. On the other hand, it can be quite drying to the skin so I only use it sparingly along my t-zone and chin, as these are the areas which need it the most. It contains 30ml of product, and as you only need a tiny spot I'm confident it will last a long time.

Has anyone tried porefessional, this product or any other great primers?

Lots of love,

Emma-Kate xxx






5 comments:

  1. I'm glad that this is working well! I've never tried it before, but I do love the Benefit Porefessional product.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have used this before and found it was really good for whenever I had a breakout too x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the look of this and don't want to be forking our for the Benefit one, so maybe I will give this a go!
    x
    http://thebeautyvillage.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the review! I wasn't sure about whether I should try this products or not and finally, I think I will be :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got a mini professional because i spend a certain amount at ulta. I like it but i dont use it much because i dont want to buy a big one for $24. I wear it kind of like foundation and it works well. I definitely want to try the tea tree one because it is way better for your skin and will help in the long run.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment so we can chat! I reply to every comment :) xx