Saturday 29 June 2013

Body Shop summer haul!♡ | Handpicked Beauty

Hey everyone,
so before I start: GOOGLE READER SHUTS DOWN ON MONDAY! It's being made out to be like the end of the world, which lets hope it's not, but I'm sad about losing touch with people. You can import your google reader blogs to bloglovin', so I've done that :) And please follow me on there: LINK. Ok, that was dramatic but necessary.

Onto the haul! So recently I have been shopping, as I'm going to Mexico soon and I felt like my skincare needed a bit of a change. I felt like I wasn't removing my makeup properly which horrifies me. As an avid lover of the BodyShop, I went in and came away with quite a few items for summer! I also purchased some clothes from other shops but I'll save that haul for later.
All of the BodyShop products work so well for me, and I love that they aren't tested on animals.

Anyway, I've tried a few of them already so I can do a mini-review, but I will be doing an in depth review on how these are working for my skin after I've had them a bit longer.


So the first thing I bought was the tea tree pore minimiser. I have combination skin coupled with rather big pores, and during summer `i can become prone to blackheads and clogged pores. This acts like a primer, or on days when I'm not wearing any makeup I just apply  this, and it fills in my pores so they won't become clogged and at the same time it helps my skin out.

I bough the Vitamin C Energising facespray because it seems like a really refreshing, nice spray to use when I'm in the heat in Mexico. It also claims to be skin brightening and wakens your skin up, so I can't wait to use this.

 I also bought the Carbon Define Eye Pencil in the brown shade, as I think brown is more natural and less harsh than black. It's lovely for a winged liner look, and to subtly define your eyes without looking like you've applied too much makeup.It comes with a sponge at the end to blend it out into a more smoky look or to smudge it along the lash line, which is so cool.


After applying it.
After blending it out.

I then purchased the Berry lip roll on. It's basically a roll on oil for the lips; it's so easy to apply and keeps your lips super soft.



 I bought quite a few skincare items from the Seaweed range, as it is formulated for oily skin but isn't too harsh. I bought the Purifying facial cleanser, which is a really softening cleanser. It slides off all your makeup, and any excess oil and leaves your skin feeling tingly and clean.

I then bought three mini items: The deep facial cleanser, the gentle eye makeup remover and the clarifying toner. These were on a 3 for 2 and at only £3 each it seemed a great idea, as I could try out the products without committing to the full bottle. I use the eye makeup remover, the cleanser, then the clarifying toner and then a moisturiser. I will do a full review on these products soon!
I also bought the Seaweed Ionic Clay Mask, as I can use it once a week in conjunction with the rest of the seaweed products. It has a really strong, beachy scent and it is a really thick mask. Clay masks are great for oily skin, and I've used it once and it left my skin so soft and clean; it was amazing!



I also bought a cotton headband to hold back my hair whilst I do my makeup. I guess I could have bought a cheaper one from Primark or something, but this is so soft and makes me feel like I'm in a spa! It's so useful.




Lastly, I got the Love ETC... body wash for free because I spent over a certain amount. I love the Bodyshop! Because it was my birthday recently, they gave me a free £5 product and as I am part of their reward scheme, they gave me 10% of everything! :D



Hope you enjoyed this haul and let me know which products I should review soon...
I only have one more exam left so I am so excited for Summer!
Lots of love,
Emma-Kate
xxx

PS: I was wondering, is Bodyshop a drugstore brand or?
x

2 comments:

  1. The Body Shop has such fabulous products! Love their skin care stuff! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love tea-tree line from bodyshop, it really helped my skins big time!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment so we can chat! I reply to every comment :) xx