Thursday 7 February 2013

Bourjois 1 Second Nail Polish Remover Review!x

Hey everyone!
So I'm really meant to be doing my French homework (I have PE and Science homework due inf or tomorrow as well :S ), but I have had this post planned for a while so I thought I'd quickly do it before my homework! However I know I'll end up spending ages writing this and end up doing the homework at the last minute :( Ah well!

I wanted to do a review of the £5 1 second nail polish remover from Bourjois, because I have a lot of thoughts about it. It's been out quite a while, and I have had it since July, but to be honest I expected it to be a revolutionary product and it has been very poor in my opinion! It was a sneaky buy, I was about to go on a summer camp and I was in Boots with my brother Ben. My mum had left us with the trolley and when she came back, we had filled it to the top and it ended up coming to £70! Very naughty, but I put this in the trolley after hearing lots about it. Basically, the theory is that you rub your nail into the black foam naterial, and it removes it in 1 second, which is a great claim for a nail polish!





Firstly I think it's really overpriced. I prefer to use my £2 nail polish remover from the corner shop instead of this, or even my £1 Primark nail wipes. If it worked amazingly, I might pay £5 for it, but I'm definitely not prepared to pay considering it is not a good product! I have friends who love this product, however I don't like it at all.

It leaves a horrible residue on your hands which is so difficult to get off and just generally feels disgusting! Also although it removes nail polish ok, it definitely does not take 1 second. Maybe if you have one, very translucent layer of polish it would, but if you have 2 or more coats it takes ages, and would have been quicker to use your normal nail varnish remover!

The scent is very chemically and cheap smelling, it smells of artificial fruit and it's so strong; I want to hold my nose when I open it.

So basically, I expected an amazing product which removes nail polish in 1 second, when in theory it is a gunky, strong scented remover which leaves your hands feeling horrible and your nails very brittle! In my opinion, don't waste your money on this and just stick with your normal nail polish remover. I love Bourjois by the way, I love all of their other products but I just find this doesn't work for me! :)

Hope this was helpful,

Have a sweet day

Emma-Kate
xxx

6 comments:

  1. Good review x

    www.hannahheartss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dupe of it is so much better it is called something like twist and out and only is £1 I am going to review this on my blog soon.

    Charlotte x

    www.blackandwhitesheeps.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment so we can chat! I reply to every comment :) xx