Thursday 28 February 2013

DIY vanilla lip scrub! x

                                                                                    Hey everyone,
So lately my lips have been super dry. I don't have dry skin or anything, but due to the harsh weather my lips have taken the full force of it and consequently they are chapped, dry, gross and basically everything you wouldn't want your lips to be! As it's almost spring, I thought it would be fun to show how I get rid of all the dryness and embrace smoothness by making a really cheap and tasty lip scrub which you can lick off, and is super cheap so you don't have to go out and buy one. This recipe makes a few uses, however I usually kust throw the remainder away, although you can store it in the fridge for a maximum of 5 days if you want to!Or use it as a bodyscrub if you want. :)
This would also make a great gift for a friend, if you got a cute jar! Just an idea :)
 It seems I'm not the only one though as I've seen lots of people reviewing lip care products and saying how dry their lips are, so I thought I'd share with you my way of dealing with it! I know other people have done posts like this but I have put my own twist on it and I thought it would be really fun. Let me know if it works for you because this works so well for me.

What you will need!
2 tablespoons of olive oil: it's incredibly moisturising and will help to repair and smoothen chapped lips!
Vanilla extract: it gives the lip scrub a gorgeous sweet taste.
Granulated sugar: It exfoliates the lips and scrubs away dead skin cells.

I think my dog wanted some... ;)





So firstly, get a little bowl. I'm using this from sainsburies as it is so cute and the perfect size!

I use this cool spoon which has one hole which equals 1 tbsp and one hole which equals 1tsp, and I tip 2 tbsp's of olive oil into the bowl.


I then add the vanilla extract to add flavour so it's tasty to lick off! I've also used lemon juice and peppermint essence before, so you can just use any flavouring that you like! I have also used crushed raspberries before to gently tint my lips but that is optional.


I then take about 4 teaspoons of granulated sugar and add it to the bowl. The more sugar you add, the more abrasive and exfoliating the scrub will be, so it's up to you!

Then mix everything together! mmmm...




Finally just apply it to your lips to achieve softness! As you can tell a part of my lip is a little swollen, but my lips are much smoother and softer.



Enjoy your smooth, plumped and soft lips!

Lots of love,

Emma-Kate xxx

PS: very exciting things are coming, I am having a complete blog makeover very soon! xxx

15 comments:

  1. Great post, will try this soon! x

    www.hannahheartss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations on 75 followers! your doing so well keep it up!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww that's so sweet thankyou :) so are you! xxx

      Delete
  3. Your dog is sooooooo cute!

    Kimberley x

    Http://kimberley77.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thankyou! I might do a whole post on him soon :~) xxx

      Delete
  4. Ah such a good idea!! I'm sure I will try it :)

    www.themakeupdirectory.blogspot.co.uk


    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cool,i will try it instantly.

    http://rathilove.blogspot.sg/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! I tried it last night and I really enjoyed it! Thanks for the post! I am new to your blog and love it already! : )

    http://sassysouthernstyler.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh i'm so glad! thankyou so much, that is so sweet of you xxxx

      Delete
  7. Cute blog! I'm following!

    http://notofthisworldlove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment so we can chat! I reply to every comment :) xx