Monday 18 February 2013

Collection 2000 lasting perfection concealer, is it worth the hype?

Hey everyone,

So after my post about the Soap and Glory 'Kick Ass Concealer', I had quite a few people asking for a review of this one as it's very popular amongst the beauty world! The Collection (previously Collection 2000) lasting perfection concealer is used and rated highly by lots of beauty bloggers and youtubers, and has even been compared to higher end concealers, so I thought I would buy it and have a go! It retails for an amazing £4.19 which is so affordable compared to other concealers. Although there are concealers for £1, you can tell with their quality as they aren't great. However this one is like a £20 concealer disguised in a £4.19 bottle! ;)


This concealer is really creamy and easy to blend, so just a dot under the eyes blends out to cover dark circles. I am very pale, and I got the number 1: fair shade and it is a perfect match for me, which is very rare!

I am really happy with this concealer as it does an amazing job of covering redness, dark circles and blemishes in general, and it doesn't look cakey or piled on even if you apply a lot to the under eye area (like me!).

The only downsides for me are that the packaging gets worn away (the writing I mean, not the actual plastic), so it can look a bit cheap and ugly, and also I'm not a big fan of concealers with that applicator as it can be a bit unhygienic especially if you are applying it to spots, however considering the amazing price and coverage these are only minor problems, which are probably just me being picky!





I got this in Superdrug, and it was completely sold out in Boots and there was only one left in Superdrug so I guess that's a sign of a great concealer! This has been raved about by so many people and has a massive hype around it, and personally I think it is worth all the attention because it's so affordable and does an amazing job. I couldn't see myself spending lots of money on a high end concealer after trying this because it does everything I would want it to do, and more. This is the second Collection 2000 product I've tried, as I have the liquid eyeliner but I wasn't really a fan. Have you tried any of their other products?
So overall, I think it is worth the hype and I strongly recommend it! I could see this becoming a holy grail...

Have you tried it? What do you think?


Have a sweet day,
Emma-Kate
xxx

















PS: please comment below any requests you have for other posts! I'm thinking about doing a makeup tutorial or ootd, but it's up to you :) xx

16 comments:

  1. I really wish this was sold over here. My sister picked up a tube when she was in the UK last year and really raved about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahh which country are you from? It is great, is it sold in the big drugstores? :) xxx

      Delete
  2. I don't think they have this in the US, cause I look everywhere and can't find it :( I'll probably just get it from ebay or something if they don't sell it here. xx

    http://girlmeetsglamourworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they might bring it over to america soon as it is very popular! do they have any of the collection products? xxx

      Delete
  3. Oh wow, this does sound really great! I wish they sold this where I live.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww they might bring it over soon because it's so popular! Or maybe you could order it from somewhere? xxx

      Delete
  4. this concealer is great! the only other product I've tried from Collection is the extreme felt tip eyeliner and I really love that too :)

    great post!

    www.sunbeamsanddaisydreams.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't tried this, I'm currently using a concealer (really old one) by Eyeko, I need to use some some of my older stuff.

    Thank you for commenting on my blog, it's very much appreciated.

    Now following your awesome lil blog :) xxx

    Tia
    www.bellezzababe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i would really recommend it! you're welcome, aw thanks so much! :)xxx

      Delete
  6. I love this concealer! x

    www.hannahheartss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this concealer and think it's amazing!
    Great blog too, will like it now :)

    gracierosee.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi gorgeous!! thanks for your sweet coment on my blog!! would you like to follow eachother? i'm following you now :)

    www.meryswardrobe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment so we can chat! I reply to every comment :) xx