Friday 15 February 2013

Soap and Glory concealer review! (Drugstore Dupe alert!!)

















Hey everyone,
So today I'm going to review a new concealer which I recently bought- The 'Soap and Glory Kick Ass Concealer'. The name is a little awkward but aside from that I really like it! It has two shades-an apricot/orangey colour for under eye darkness, and a yellow toned colour for redness or spots. It also comes with a translucent setting powder to hold it all in place. It is £10 so is a little on the pricey side compared to the other drugstore concealers but I think it's worth it. I've also heard that this is a really good dupe for Benefit's Boi-ing as well as some other high end concealers.

When you first open the container, you see the setting powder and a powder puff to apply it with. The powder is so fine and silky, I use it for my t-zone as well as under my eyes because it leave syour skin felling so soft! Due to the soft powder puff provided, you don't need a brush which makes it even more compact and convenient for travelling.

Underneath the powder is a mirror and the two concealers. In the shop, there were no testers which really frustrated me, as the product is non-returnable, and I didn't want to spend £10 on something which I hadn't properly seen. I asked the lady who worked there in Boots and she said that people stole the testers (lowww;)) so they don't do them anymore. My friends persuaded me though and I trust Soap and Glory a lot, so I went for it! I got the lightest shade, so when I opened it up I was really shocked as both of the colours are pretty dark and very pigmented. However, the apricot shade blends out perfectly to cover dark circles and the yellow shade covers imperfections beautifully. They are both super creamy and easy to blend. One downside is that they are both really thick so you have to be careful not to apply too much, and also make sure you set it well with the powder provided so it doesn't get all sticky throughout the day.


This is the colours swatched on my hand, and this is after blending them out! :)

Overall I think it is a gorgeous compact and is so easy and efficient to use, especially if you are travelling and are trying to pack lightly! :) Another thing is in other reviews of this I have heard people saying the packaging is difficult to open but I haven't experienced this issue at all. I used to use a Bodyshop concealer which was similar quality to this but was the same price, however it only had one shade, with no setting powder! So I think I will be repurchasing  this :) I now have my eye on the 'Glow all out' highlighter! They all have such catchy names :) Has anyone tried the highlighter? What are your favourite Soap and Glory products?

Thanks for reading,

Have a sweet day!

Emma-Kate
xxx


P.S: Would you like a review on the cheaper alternative: Collection 2000 lasting perfection concealer? xxx





15 comments:

  1. I'd love a review on the Collection 2000 one although this looks amazing! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try to do one really soon :) thanks for the feedback! :D xxxx

      Delete
  2. Hi^^,
    First thanks for following our blog, love ya <3
    I already saw this concealer in one of zoellas videos, and I loove Soap and Glory, so I´m going to get this^^
    XOXO Abby
    www.one-dollar-milkshake.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats alot of product for a tenner, I think i'll give it a whirl!
    Poppy | lets drive far away x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would recommend it! thanks for the comment, your blog has such a cute name! :D xx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. yeah they do :) I really want to try some of the body scrubs, I've heard great things! :) xxx

      Delete
  5. Sounds really good, love soap and glory so might give this a try soon! Great review x

    www.hannahheartss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this review! Thank you for commenting on my blog! I am a new follower!!!

    XoXo
    Teresa
    http://www.chicaffordable.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never thought of trying this, but I most definitely will now! Thank you so much
    www.spoiltbrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah good! Glad this review helped! Thankyou :) xxxx

      Delete
  8. I love Soap and Glory products! I haven't tried of their makeup yet though!

    http://hannahrebekahcampbell.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment so we can chat! I reply to every comment :) xx